Kohler engine quirk

I have a Kohler cast iron 14 hp engine that this season has developed a peculiar quirk. It is an old kohler with no oil filter and gravity feed from the gas tank. The problem is it wants to go dead when I turn sharply to the right or am on a hill sideways where my left side and the left side of the mower is downhill. It didn't do this in previous years. Any ideas? TIA
Is it a model "k" and does it have a low oil cut off switch?

RBM wrote:

yes it is a K model. the oil is not low. where is this switch? does it cut off the elec? how can I check it? TIA
If it has a low oil cutoff switch it would be located near the base of the engine, threaded into the casting. Yes, it shuts off the engine. From your description that sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks for the reply RBM. I will check that out when the sun comes up. I have a feeling it may be fuel related though as when this happens if I can get to the choke quick enough I can keep the engine from going dead. Guess I should have stated this in the original post but I was fishing for ideas. :) Still am. ;) Thanks again
Well, that opens up more possibilities, just peculiar that it happens on the slopes, but if choking helps, it would indicate fuel flow problem

Maybe a sticking float is not alowing the bowl to fully fill with fuel, then it is to low for a second on turns, remove the bowl to see if it is not moving fully, or do a real carb cleaning.
"choke quick enough" sounds like problems with the gasket between the carb and the engine.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus