Kohler engine quirk

I have a Kohler cast iron 14 hp engine that this season has developed a peculiar quirk. It is an old kohler with no oil filter and gravity feed from the gas tank. The problem is it wants to go dead when I turn sharply to the right or am on a hill sideways where my left side and the left side of the mower is downhill. It didn't do this in previous years. Any ideas? TIA

Reply to
joe

yes it is a K model. the oil is not low. where is this switch? does it cut off the elec? how can I check it? TIA

Reply to
joe

Thanks for the reply RBM. I will check that out when the sun comes up. I have a feeling it may be fuel related though as when this happens if I can get to the choke quick enough I can keep the engine from going dead. Guess I should have stated this in the original post but I was fishing for ideas. :) Still am. ;) Thanks again

Reply to
joe

Maybe a sticking float is not alowing the bowl to fully fill with fuel, then it is to low for a second on turns, remove the bowl to see if it is not moving fully, or do a real carb cleaning.

Reply to
m Ransley

"choke quick enough" sounds like problems with the gasket between the carb and the engine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon