Knapp-Monarch blender?

anyone ever see one of these?
http://www.atomicwarehouse.com/more.cfm?productidT9&categoryid
I've had one similar since college (found in goodwill, salvation army, somewhere like that) works fine except no low speed. Can't figure out how to take it apart. any help?
Also, I'm ASSuming that replacement parts are no longer available... (there's a crack in the lid...)
Is it time to just stop being such a cheap b*****d and buy a new blender?
Along the lines of kitchen appliances, whoever recommended the Zojirushi coffee maker, thanks! Bought one a couple weeks ago and it's fan-freakin'-tastic. A little more fiddly than the old Mr. Coffee but it actually brews a noticeably better cup of coffee, so it's got that going for it. Takes up less space on the counter, too. Coffee stays warm enough to drink in carafe for hours. Good stuff! (yes, somewhere I have an old electric percolator too... but SWMBO doesn't like it, so a drip coffeemaker it is. Plus with the new ones you don't have to pour it into a thermos as soon as it's done brewing.)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Is it time to just stop being such a cheap b*****d and buy a new blender?
no...it can be repaired...of course! :)
it looks very similar to a Blender Queen that my folks had (& I finally tossed just a few years ago because the container warped)
does the chrome trim ring unscrew?
how about a closeup of the blender base with the container off ?
cheers Bob

That looks very smilar to a 50 year-old blender we have, a Sunbeam. Low speed is just a diode in the power line, high speed shorts out the diode. Maybe your machine has an open diode, if you can get to it.

the way I'm envisioning it, it would be "open." But it sounds like he is describing a 2-speed machine and mine actually (theoretically) has three. So I'm assuming it's done with a resistor pack or something like that - if I could just figure out how to get inside to look at it! I will try to post pics later, been frantically busy lately.
nate