Keystone Kool Deck

We have a pool area with Kool Deck covering about about 500 square feet. It's 20+ years old and needs refreshing. I watched the video on the website www.mortex.com and wonder if anyone has experience with this. Do all these steps need to be taken to refurbish existing Kool Deck? It looks like a whole lot of work.