Kenmore Master Flame

While cleaning our grill my boyfriend knocked the ignition wire loose!!

I can't figure out where it goes. I looked under it and don't see where a connection had been. Any and all help is really needed!

Thank you!!

Reply to
lilca420

The igniter wire terminal usually pushes on to the back end of the igniter button, as shown here:

Travis Jordan

Which end is still connected and which end isn't?

Reply to
mm

The side on the button is still connected! Its the side that goes to the burner that isn't!

Reply to
lilca420

here:

Thank you!

Reply to
lilca420

That's good. There is no other "connection". You just need to find a little hole, open at one side, and slide the main tube into the hole, leaving the head of the tube on one side of the sheet metal, and the rest of it on the other side. You may have to wiggle it or twist it it bit, since the tube next to the head is not perfectly round, to make it less likely to come out.

The hole, the correct hole but there is probably only one that will fit, is positioned such that the center electrod of the ignitor will spark to some part of the grill near the gas, and ignite it.

Even if you were to buy a new ignitor, which I'm not recommending, the best place to put the burner end would be in this very hole, and not use the bracket that comes with the new ignitor.

Reply to
mm