Kenmore dryer. Flame goes out after a few minutes and will not reignite.

I have a Kenmore 76912692 dryer. After complaints about wet clothes after drying, I did a quick check of the flame, it was working, then I cleaned out all the accumulated lint. I reassembled the unit and powered it on. The flame came on as it did before. But I sat there and watched it and after about 5 minutes, the flame shut off. Ok, the thermostat did its job. A few minutes later, the igniter glows orange, but the flame doesn't light. This happens repeatedly. The flame will only light when you initially start the dryer and once it goes off, it will not reignite. I checked the solenoid windings and they are good. Any ideas?
Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA
David Farber wrote:

That model number should be: 110.76912692 7692
On 12/16/2010 14:03, David Farber wrote:

The valve coils are defective. They're fine when cold but fail once they warm up.
Bob wrote:

Yep.
Here's a how-to http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appliance/dryer/gdryer/check/gascoil.php
HeyBub wrote:

I replaced the coils and that fixed it. I must say that it wasn't very easy to get to or remove the screws that secure the coils in place. Why use Phillips screws when you can get much more torque on a hex screw?
Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA