juggling running chainsaws

Boy is it exciting to watch a skilled juggler juggle running chain saws. He's got to be really good to do that....
But it finally occurs to me. The engine's running but the chain's not moving, is it? So the only chance of getting hurt is stubbing a finger a little by bumping it against the case or getting a little burn brushing the hot muffler against the jugger's skin, right?
On 03/19/2014 12:46 AM, micky wrote:

As they say, there's a sucker born every minute.
micky wrote:

The good juggler catch the handle at the trigger and rev it up so the chain is moving before tossing it up again
Not for the faint of heart
--
PV

"Sorry PV but the Police will jail you if you dare approach me."
On 03/19/2014 08:19 AM, PV wrote:

I'm not impressed until the chainsaw juggler is doing so while standing on the back of a tiger jumping through a flaming hoop.

How long does it take the chain to stop after that? Before he catches it again or after?

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:33:10 PM UTC-7, micky wrote:

Almost instantly if adjusted properly, couple seconds at most so before he catches it again.
Harry K
micky wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMvxLRdpm0

Here you go, chains still spinning while being juggling, super slow motion to prove the point
--
PV

"Sorry PV but the Police will jail you if you dare approach me."

Wow. You found the perfect video. You're right, the chain is running.
Of course he added those 14 inch handles to each saw.
I think the idea is, If it spins around but the handle is not about to land in the juggler's hand, he should control himself and just not grab it, let if fall on the ground, rather than grab the moving chain.
But I can't juggle at all. I've tried tennis balls, and if I can't do them, I don't think I can do anything. Kudos to this guy.