Jalousie Window Hardware Repair

My house was built in 1956 and has the original jalousie windows. I happen to like them but the cranks etc. are wearing out. and the ones I am using to replace them with were salvaged from other houses. The problem I have is connecting the aluminum "push rod" with its two holes, with the crank "throw" that requires very flat connectors/fastenings. Maybe someone out there has solved this problem. I thought of pop rivets but I am not sure how to set it up. Thanks for any ideas about this. Derek
Derek Lawler wrote:

You can still buy repair parts on-line, including the pin to which you refer.
"http://www.dkhardware.com/product-25014-h3690-7-16-jalousie-and-awning-link-groove-pin-and-e-ring.html " "http://www.technologylk.com/product/1858/CRL-Awning-Window-Operator-Repair-Parts/15291/H3552/CRL-Universal-Louver-Window-Operator-Break-Off-Link-H3552.htm?src=froogle "
I remember going to buy replacemet crank operators with my dad back in the 1960's.

"http://www.dkhardware.com/product-25014-h3690-7-16-jalousie-and-awning-link-groove-pin-and-e-ring.html "
"http://www.technologylk.com/product/1858/CRL-Awning-Window-Operator-Repair-Parts/15291/H3552/CRL-Universal-Louver-Window-Operator-Break-Off-Link-H3552.htm?src=froogle "
...and if you don't like those, Goggling "jalousie repair parts" yielded 18,000 sites.
On Sun, 10 May 2009 15:25:33 -0400, "Derek Lawler"

Ideas?! Replace the windows.
If you insist on a repair, a typical rivet (average garage size) will not last. Locate a source for aircraft rivets. I fixed the hull and ribs in a small aluminum bass boat. Stiffened her right up.

Thanks for the suggestions and links. I should have started with google but my problem is one of technique and tomorrow I will tackle it again. Holding the link in place while I pop a rivet through a small washer is probably going to take vice grips or hemostat clamps. I am definitely not going to replace the windows. Derek