It Came From Under the Linoleum

The lineoleum on my kitchen floor is buckling slightly and developing cracks through which seeps some thin fluid, colored like cocoa with a lot of milk.
The only thing I can think of that might account for this is that many months ago we had a drip under the kitchen sink, enough that over time it warped the plywood floor of the under-sink cabinet. But that has been fixed, and there is no dampness there now. No idea what's happening below that plywood, though, which is 2-3 inches above floor level.
The house was built in 1958, and the linoleum was there when I bought the house 18 years ago.
I know the lineoleum will have to come up and be replaced, but what am I likely to find under it?

Sounds like you are seeing diluted adhesive. Good chance you will find some rot or other water damage under the flooring. Don't wait too long to tackle the job, it will not get better, but can get seriously worse.

I would look for another leak. You don't say if you are on a slab, crawl space, or full basement, but whatever, you have a serious problem somewhere. The older water should have long since evaporated if the leak is completely gone.

OK Ivan, answer the question, what is under the floor, slab, crawl or full basement????

Full basement. Hard to look at the underside, though, because sheetrock is nailed to the bottom of the joists in that area. (Rest of basement has drop ceiling with removable tiles).