Is there such a valve?

Is there a plumbing valve for use under the sink that has a 1/2" inlet and both 1/2" amd 1/4" outlets for feeding both the cold water line to the kitchen faucet and an ice maker or water filter? I don't want to use a saddle valve.

I've done some searching, but haven't turned up anything I imagine it should look like.

TIA

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Never seen one; use a reducing tee and two valves.

--

Reply to
dpb

Wayne Boatwright wrote the following:

I don't know if there is such a valve, but what about a 1/2" tee fitting with a 1/4" reducer on one side of the tee?

1/2" in, 1/2" out on one side of the tee, and a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer on the other side of the T.
Reply to
willshak

When the builder installed piercing saddle valve failed I did as Bill suggested above only I used 1/2 by 3/8 reduced to 1/4. No more problems for

14 years.
Reply to
Colbyt

Colbyt wrote the following:

Cool. I didn't know they had such a reduction tee. Disclaimer: I am not a plumber.

Reply to
willshak

I have one in my hand, they certainly exist.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hmmm, kitchen sink lines are usually 3/8 not 1/2. You can readily get stop valves with two 3/8 outlets and then use a 3/8 to 1/4 reducer on one for the ice maker or filter.

Paul Franklin

Reply to
Paul Franklin

gfretwell

Steve Newman

I didnt check super carefully but they have quite a slection.

Page 30

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

On Tue 28 Sep 2010 08:19:13p, Steve Newman told us...

Thanks, Steve. I may have been wrong on the dimensions, but these types of valves are exactly what I'm looking for.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 28 Sep 2010 03:45:38p, Wayne Boatwright told us...

Following up to my own post, thanks guys for all your suggestions!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Doesn't even need to be one of those. A 1/2x1/2x1/2 only needs at most 2 reducing bushings to accomplish the same thing. Amazing the things you can do with pvc/cpvc fittings.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

And I did not know that one existed. Is it a ball valve? I don't mess with that other type any more.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Yes, the Brasscraft is a 1/4-turn ball valve

Steve Newman

On Tue 28 Sep 2010 05:14:29p, told us...

This looks perfect. Thanks!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright