Is drywall an electrical hazard?

Sorry, didn't have another way to say it. Anyway, while hacking the drywall to see if the old Romex was stapled to the wall I got plaster on the wire side of the outlet. Made me wonder, if I have old drywall dust on the outlet is that a fire hazard? Sweeping it away is of course an option and I did but at the time it fell on the outlet it was live and I didn't want to get electricuted.
I know drywall is fire rated, but is it a conductor of electricity?

Not combustable or conductive. Just vacuum or blow it out

It's gypsum. Last I checked, the world was not on fire due to gypsum catching fire and it typically doesn't conduct.

That would be the operable word there - "typically".

Poor choice of words. Gypsum does not conduct electricity. Period. All the time, No. Operable word: NO
Put enough water into it and it'll conduct :).
Seriously, I thought the question was kind of silly to begin with.

Why, because you were born with an total understanding of what constitutes an electrical hazard?
Eigenvector posted for all of us...

No because once AGAIN you did NO research! Did you look up gypsum on a search engine? Of course not because you are a putz.

Hardly. But a 0.00007 sec search would have yielded your answer. I use common sense most of the time. Interestingly enough, I did do a bit of research after the thread started. Appears gypsum is made up of calcium sulfide and 2 molecules of water. The water is in a "dry" state but will turn to water when it hits boiling temp. I assume at that point, the gyp board could theoretically conduct as the water would now have ions to transport the charge (pure water doesn't conduct electricity, or not very well anyway). So if this is true, and you've got this installed in a 212 degree sauna, yeah, you might have some troubles.

So a simple "yes" or "no" would have answered the question, as opposed to trying to be cute? But as you yourself just admitted, you don't actually know if it does constitute an electrical hazard, as you can't tell what contaminants are in it at the time I wrote the message. So basically your answer is "I don't know, I'm just guessing but I'll show him how stupid he is by making a smart ass comment to cover my own ignorance." As opposed to Ed's response - a simple "no", qualified by pertinent information or Paul's answer which was equally informative.
Thin-skinned? You betcha!
Eigenvector wrote:

You're missing the point. You're smart enough to ask stupid questions, and stupid enough to think you're witty. Expecting anything other than a smart ass answer to a stupid question is being optimistic. No offense.

Thank you!
Eigenvector wrote:

The answer is No. Electrical boxes often have drywall dust in them because the drywallers are not careful. It is not a problem until you get it wet (and then it would be the water that is the conductor).