Insulating Exhaust Fan Conduit

Any thoughts / experience with insulating material for a 4 inch diamter tubing used in a bathroom exhaust fan installation? The tubing shall be in an attic crawl space in a ranch style house located on Long Island, NY (typical low and high temperatrures: 0F and 100F degrees).
I am wondering if pipe insulation or batt fiberglass insualtion should be used in this application ?
Is Owens-Corning Fiberglass Duct Wrap http://www.owenscorning.com/comminsul/documents/FiberglasAll-ServiceDuct.pdfappropriate appropriate material for this application ?
I don't know what you purpose for wrapping is, but you may be able to buy 4inch insulated flex duct. If its for noise, I'd just get a really quiet exhaust fan

http://www.owenscorning.com/comminsul/documents/FiberglasAll-ServiceDuct.pdfappropriate
I am concerned that condensation might develop within the attic crawl space and cause damage to other insulation material.
I have read here in this NG and elsewhere that it is important to insulate the tubing conduit from the expected cold temperature that is present in the attic crawlspace and not to simply vent the fan's moist exhaust air into the attic space. .
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:11:04 -0400, "RBM" <rbm2(remove

[snip bottom quote]
If you exhaust *into* the attic, insulation will just help trap the moisture you're putting up there. Exhaust *through* the attic to the *outside*, through a wall or through the roof, i.e, run the duct to the outside. Slight leakage from duct joints won't amount to much, but if that concerns you, wrap the joints with aluminum tape. It won't hurt to wrap the duct with fiberglass wrap, but probably won't accomplish much either.
--
Luke

I'm in CT. I used 4 inch metal tubing and minimized the amount of flexible tubing (decreases flow rate and increases noise). I used a flapper valve type of connection on the roof. I used Panasonic fans. I wrapped the entire tubing in insulation (I used both reflective, metallic and normal pipe insulation). It took way, way longer than I thought.
--
Bob M
remove ".x" to reply
Vince wrote:

http://www.owenscorning.com/comminsul/documents/FiberglasAll-ServiceDuct.pdfappropriate
In most situations you should not have a problem with it, just be sure vent it to the outside not to the inside of the attic.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit