Insufficient open cell?

I hired a contractor in insulate my roof deck with open cell foam. My rafte rs are nominal 10-bys and the contract says 8"-9" subject to variations. Th e picture below shows what I'm finding so far (they are coming back in two days to finish another part of the house). Is that simply the first of two layers? Or am I in trouble with a potentially dishonest contractor? I hope the former!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SEUh6lMcxQZDFLYkVfeGhYbmc/view?usp=sha ring
Many thanks in advance!
On 12/19/2015 6:11 PM, ST wrote:

Was this the first job he ever did? Looks like most is in the 8"+ range but there are some low spots. If the fill them a bit you should be OK
Question:
Will the space under that roof be occupied full-time?
On 12/19/2015 6:11 PM, ST wrote:

I've seen (on TV) most will over-fill and then when it is cured, use a saw/knife to cut off the excess to make it even with the room-facing edge of the joist. I've even done this when filling the area around a window or door frame, but here you have to be careful. If you over-over-fill, you might warp the frame causing the door or window not to close properly.