Installing Zone Valve

I'm am going to be installing a zone valve into my hot water heating system. The directions state to install it after the coil. Does this mean to install it near the boiler on the return side or on the supply side? In other words, is the coil the radiators or is it the boiler itself.
Thanks
your question is a bit wide, but here's a specific: this is for zoned hot water radiator heat: [the water returning from the radiators is cooler and not as stressful on the zone valve.] that's where you put the zone valve, on the cooler hot line returning from the radiator loop. this zone valve tells the water to stop circulating to the radiator when the room thermostat opens when satisfied.
Thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for.