Installing Pinguino PAC 400

Hi everyone,

I am looking for help to install Pinguino PAC 400 air conditioner from Delonghi.

It is a split type system. I would like to disconnect the hoses between internal and outdoor unit and thread the hoses through the wall.

When I started to disconnect one of the rapid (quick) couplings there was a lot of gas loss from the union of the coupling. Is it normal?

How much gas loss during disconnection/connection is acceptable?

Do I need to vacuum and recharge the system after re-connecting the couplings?

Thank you in advance, Anton

Reply to
Anton

From what you describe, you're bout to release all the freon. This is a job for a licensed tech, not for a home owner.

If you do proceed, you risk the draconian and somewhat severe 5 years and what was it, like $25,000 fine from Environmental Protection Agency.

If you had the tools to vacuum and recharge, you wouldn't have bothtered to ask, you woulda just gone ahead and done it.

Call an AC guy instead of doing it yourself.

Reply to
alt-hvac Moderated