Installing a Smitty pan under a water heater

We bought a Smitty pan to put under our new water heater. It came with a white plastic fitting that has a round part, a small slot, a hexagonal part, a smaller round part and a threaded part (picture available). How do we attach the fitting to the pan and what do we attach to the fitting? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince