Installing a Smitty pan under a water heater

We bought a Smitty pan to put under our new water heater. It came with a white plastic fitting that has a round part, a small slot, a hexagonal part, a smaller round part and a threaded part (picture available). How do we attach the fitting to the pan and what do we attach to the fitting? Thank you in advance for all replies.
Sometimes when I play with my cat I get him to go around in a circle really
fast until he gets so dizzy that he can't stand up anymore. Then I get him