Installing a Shower Pan and Wallboard

I have a 55'' opening, and a 54'' fibreglass pan. My intention is to install the pan, and tile the walls. My question is...should I install the pan up to the sheetrock and then cement board over the rock to the pan? And if so, what is the standard method for covering the leading edge of the cement board?