Installing a second (bleed) line on a new oil tank

I just put in a new above ground 275 gal tank to replace my old 550 underground which is approaching 20 years. Anyway, I'm about to run the copper line to the burner and I notice I have a bleed line coming back from the burner to my old tank. My question: how do I route the return line back into the tank? Through one of the 2" openings on the top? How do I adapt the 3/8" copper through this 2" opening?
thanks...
pktaske wrote:

Drop the copper tube thru a compression fitting. The tube should extend to within ~3" of the tank bottom.
Be sure the lines are *well* protected from any kind of damage. Include required shutoff valve(s) on the suction line.
Although you could use the burner as a one-pipe system, running the return line will make for a better running burner.
Jim
Speedy Jim wrote:

Source for ready-made bushing adapters: http://www.oil-equip-mfg.com/docs/productsduplexbushings.html http://www.highfield-mfg.com/oilvalves/OILVLV19/dtb_fitting.htm and valves: http://www.highfield-mfg.com/oilvalves/index.html
Parts like these can be found at a supply house.

Do I drill into the tank for the return line or use one of the 2" openings?
pktaske wrote:

Ah. Use bushing in the 2" tapped opening.