Installing a ceiling fan + light

I want to have a ceiling fan & light in the living room. Problem - the apartment I'm moving to doesn't have an electricity outlet on the ceiling. Would an electrician be able to install this anyway? I'm thinking of maybe connecting it to an outlet on the wall with wires. Sure, I'll have wires going from the wall to the ceiling, but I don't care much about asthetics...
Also, because it's a rented apartment, if the procedure is possible, is it also reversible? Oh, and do you have an estimate on how much an electrician might charge for that?
Thanks!

Sure it probably could be done. As for the reversible part sure it can be patch painted and textured to match.
Ever though of a swag lamp. Put a hook into a beam in the ceiling and plug it in. I did that 20 years ago. Better talk to the landlord before starting.
SQLit wrote:>Better talk to the landlord before starting.

I, being a landlord, second that. Tom>
Someday, it'll all be over....

Of course I plan to ask for permission, but I want to be able to present them a possible solution. What is a swag lamp? By the way you're describing it, it sounds like the same solution as I have proposed, no? Maybe I'm just confused a little.