Infrared heat (radiant heat) for paint removal?

The fascia boards on my single story home are in serious need of paint. They need to be scraped and scraped :-/ In reading I found out about "Infrared heat (radiant heat) for paint removal".
I found a site where the guy built his own "infrared paint remover". **
So, are "infrared tubes" and "quartz tubes" one in the same?
** Photo on this page.
http://rogcad.com/painting/contractors/index.htm#infrared
Thanks. -- Oren

Don't know about about your question or that device. I do know that heat is an effective way to remove paint. I have a heat gun with a digital readout, allows you to select any temp you want, lots of control. Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEINEL-Electronic-HEAT-GUN-KIT-INTELLITEMP-new-in-box_W0QQitemZ160087539171QQcmdZViewItem

Scroll up my link a bit. He used three guns at once. After 30 years he abandoned them for infrared. Click the red house he stripped with three guns.
-- Oren

Yes. All quartz tubes are infrared heaters, but not all infrared heaters are quartz tubes. If it glows ed, it will give off infrared. Think SUN.

Am I correct this heater is infrared/quartz tubes?*
I can cannibalize it, if so. I would spend $75.00 and build a one pound unit.
A real unit cost $400.00 and weighs over four pounds. Online rental requires a full cost deposit of $400.00, but only $25.00 a day rental; excluding shipping days.
* (Amazon.com product link shortened)
-- Oren