In ground pool pump recommendation

I've had a 1-1/2 HP (motor) circulating pump on my in ground pool. It was replaced a little over a year ago and now I can once again hear a bearing getting ready to go. Rather than rely on the pool maintenance company's recommendation, I thought I'd check this forum. Anyone have first hand knowledge and willing to recommend a brand?
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:21:12 -0400, nospamplse

Just how "getting ready to go" is the bearing, after one year?
The motors are usually robust and would not fail in 1 year. Is the pump exposed to the weather? Perhaps you are hearing noises from the pump [pump seal?] as opposed to the motor. Any water leaking from the pump/motor joint area on start up?
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

John Keiser wrote:

designed for that. It is the motor. No water leaking.
Regards
Don
Oren wrote:

Our 1.5hp Hayward Super Pump is in its 11th year of running 24/7 during our 6 month season (w/heater) and is still going strong. http://www.haywardnet.com/inground/products/pumps/super_pump.cfm -----
- gpsman
gpsman wrote:

Regards
Don
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:21:12 -0400, nospamplse

If the guy didn't put the slinger washer back on the shaft that is not surprising. You can just replace the bearings for $10 each or so.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks. Never taken off and opened it to look at the bearings and appear hard to get at.
Regards
Don
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:04:28 -0400, nospamplse

It is really not that bad. Once you separate the motor from the pump housing take off the centrifugal switch and spring plate (just so you don't break them). Make sure you mark all the wires first. Then take out the 4 long screws that hold the end caps on and the bearings are right there in the caps. The best place to find bearings is a bearing specialty store but any motor shop will have them.
The slinger is a rubber washer that goes on the motor shaft right after the bearing and will sling off any water that is migrating down the shaft before it can get to the bearing.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for the details.
Regards
Don