I want to kill the weeds in my St. Augustine grass

Page 3 of 3

Weed and Feed will kill St. Augustine grass.
so wrote:

the gress blades.

Wrong.

"Sand Spurs", we called them. As a kid we had "sand spur" fights. If you step on them bare footed, at the beach, they can be a PITA to get them out ;)
pic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Starr_010520-0041_Cenchrus_echinatus.jpg
"The common sandbur or coastal sandbur (Cenchrus spinifex) is a perennial grass that grows from 5 to 30 inches high in sandy or gravelly terrain. It is found throughout the southern United States.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenchrus
We got rid of them with a shovel or burning..

Not the same thing as what I'm talking about. Globe sedge.
http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/Weeds/Sedge_Globe.aspx
Damn seeds spread like crazy if you mow them.

The only solution is a "search and destroy" mission.
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:27:32 -0500, "bob callaway"

First step is to identify the "weeds." Not knowing that there's not too much to offer a practical solution.