How to repair scratched CD at the home [crashed]

This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD, which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your disk.
http://mocii.com/2007/12/25/how-to-repair-scratched-cd-at-the-home.html
Add pictures here
✖

In the unlikely event that there is someone STUPID enough to try this,
Let me say Do not do it.
If you need to clean a CD use Windex or a mild detergent like Joy or Dawn, rinse and then dry with a soft cloth.
--
Colbyt
✖

Heh. Really?!
"This is one of the most effective ways of how to repair scratched CD, which is not reading by your cd-rom drive. However, please be very careful, it can be very risky and very dangerous both for you and your disk.
For this you will need: 1. Gas stove 2. Soft towel (preferably cotton) 3. A little water 4. Fork
Step 1. Stipulate fork in the CD drive. Need to be inserted two prongs of fork in the center of your disk. Make sure that fork not scratch the CD, it should be a smooth and well fixed.
Step 2. Gently heat the disk in a small fire. Should be very cautious, because one wrong movement could damage the CD. Slowly rotate CD-rom over the burner to heating equally from all directions. CD should take the bit in the middle and at the edges, but if CD will be overheated,it will not work.
Step 3. Boil the disk, then pull CD in warm water for 5 minutes to bend uneven edges, and cover lid. Using forks take CD from the water, put it on a towel and wipe smooth movements from the middle to the edges.
Voilà. The disk again "like a new"
As can be seen, after boiling in water disk is so deformed that even with strong desire it will be hard to put CD-ROM in CD-Drive. Probably poor quality CD has been used, or we did some things wrong, whether it was not wiped clockwise, but perhaps even form of the CD remain unchanged, data from it will be difficult to retrieve."

What the fuck have you been doing with *your* optical media...?! -----
- gpsman
Add pictures here
✖
Don't see how you can go wrong with such clear directions.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:04:21 -0700 (PDT), Doc wrote:

The fork. Why didn't I think of that fork!
And to think, I've been stipulating toothpaste on my scratched CDs for years!
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:48:07 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have serious doubts this would work. I wash the disc with dishwashing detergent. If that does work, my last resort is Brasso for *very* scratched discs. Wipe from hub to edge only.
Add pictures here
✖