How to remove mirrored walls

I have a single wall that has full length mirrors. The mirrors are glued to the wall. What is the best method to remove them?
I asked around and was told that I should tape the mirrors and then take a hammer the them.
Thanks,
I removed 3 - 7' x 2' mirrors from a concrete block wall that had a thin skim coat of plaster ... the firewall between apartments. I used a long cooking spatula with a blade that was about 15". I pushed from the edges, cutting as much glue as possible. I even remember tapping the wooden handle of the spatula with a hammer to break the glue. I got all 3 off with only a few minor scratches of the mirror silver. I was able to reuse the mirrors in a different apartment. The wall was scuffed up a bit, however, some scraping to remove leftover glue and a few thin layers of drywall mud smoothed it out. A primer sealed the whole thing, and as the landlord was going to repaint, he said it looked great. As for the mirrors, I don't think anyone would notice the few scratches.
Marc wrote:

Marc wrote:

When I had some changed out a few years ago the crew used piano wire...slip behind mirrorat top, see-saw back and forth and work the wire down. Wood toggles on each end of the wire would help.
--

dadiOH