how to hook a hose to a barrel (down low)

Need a way to put some kind of through path in curved surface for tubing hookup. It's a 15gal barrel I'm trying to put a tube on through the wall of (down low on the side). The average hose bard doesn't have enough thread for me to get a good seal on. Must be some kind of way for a hose barb on the barrel side.

Look here - it might be of some help; http://www.ochshorndesign.com/practice/06-02/06-02.html
rb wrote: ...

Try Shakespeare then; get away from the "average bard"... :)

You didn't say what kind of barrel it is but if it is a PVC drum you can thread it and then cement in a PVC pipe fitting. If you really want it strong put a threaded nut on the back like they use on faucet stems (sealed with RTV) On a metal drum a through hull fitting from the boat store might be best, Hammer a flat spot on the drum or go through the bottom. You should be able to epoxy just about anything into a wood barrel.