How to get the tank lid off a Kohler top-trip toilet?

I had a new Kohler toilet installed, and it's one with a top-trip flush knob. Unfortunately, I didn't watch as the plumber put the thing in, and I don't know how to get the tank lid off. The lid comes up a little and can be moved around a bit, but something's keeping it from going any further. The installation and homeowner guides are of no help. I don't want to force it, so can anyone tell me the secret to removing the tank lid for one of these dudes?
Check the Kohler site for more information.

Not being a *complete* idiot, that's the first thing I did. All they offer is the installation and homeowner guides, both of which, as I mentioned, are of no help.
I did finally solve this problem myself, no thanks to Kohler. There's a clip attached to the rear of the tank lid. It's a right-angle thingy and it engages a lip on the tank itself. If you just lift straight up, this clip keeps the lid from being removed. If you lift the front edge of the lid, you can rotate the lid up enough to get your hand in to disengage the pull-chain from the top-trip knob. After that you pull the lid a bit forward to disengage the clip, and thereby enable the removing of the lid.
You could have tried calling them. I called them a few years ago and they actually have people who help.