How to get on a mailing list

I had never heard of "Neighbor to Neighbor" before. While talking to my aunt on the phone, she discovered that I also got my hair cut at "Great Clips" She told me that a local flyer she gets in the mail N2N had a coupon for a discount on haircuts. I found out that there is an online version of N2N. I went online and printed a coupon and took it in to "Great Clips" for a haircut. I now get N2N in the mail.
I really get tired of having to move stuff from the mailbox to the trash can.
I would say the most likely thing that happened was when I used the coupon, "Great Clips" put me on N2N's mailing list. I had been using "Great Clips" for at least 3 years. I assume cashing the coupon somehow enables "Great Clips" to sell/share my info with N2N (and who knows who else).
The first time I went into the store, they asked for my name and address "for the computer" and when I go in they ask for my phone number. I never really objected before but now that I have made the connection, I may not furnish any more stores with my personal information. It really isn't personal, is it?
On 1/18/2014 6:16 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

I go to Great Clips but have not made that connection with N2N or get their mailings so I assume you got snagged by on-line N2N rather than Great Clips.
I like Great Clips checking you in immediately by phone number rather than sitting with a group of guys in the barber shop wondering who's next. For us seniors, it's only $11 vs $15 for senior day at the barber shop. I leave a better tip and have never had a bad hair cut there.
On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:44:07 -0500, Frank

So how would going online to N2N give them my personal information? I am not saying it doesn't. I am asking. BTW the flyer doesn't have my name, but it have my address and it only started coming after I used the coupon.

I like Great Clips too. That is why I have been going for so long.
On 1/18/2014 6:53 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Just saying, it did not happen to me and I never made an N2N connection. I hate junk mail too but this would probably be insignificant to all the loose flyers we already get in the mail.
On 01/18/2014 05:16 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Glad I'm bald and don't have to deal with that.

Go to N2N. Maybe you can find a Rogaine coupon.
On 01/18/2014 06:25 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Noooo rogaine for me
On 1/18/2014 7:25 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Hair is over rated!
On 01/18/2014 07:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My wife cuts the little I have left.
What falls to the floor is laughable.
I always kid her about the huge mess!
On 1/18/2014 8:56 PM, philo wrote:

I see couples that cut each others hair. Looks like they do it with a hedge clipper.
On 1/18/2014 6:16 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

Yes, sounds like that's one way to get on a mailing list. I see a trend in the US and probably rest of the world. Everyone just ass/u/mes that you want their advertising, and everyone else's. And, so, the information goes wild, and the spam keeps pouring in.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I don't see that giving a zip code to be too invasive.

Why?

Oh, good grief. If they have your CC# they really don't need any more information about you. If you're that paranoid, use cash.

More fuel? You need more fuel?

Of course but that's a different subject. Well, you are Obama's subject now.

Who said anything about being afraid? Only a lefty is afraid of facts. Sad <> afraid. Mad <> afraid. Pissed <> afraid.