How to do form a concrete overhang?

Hi I have a question on the best way to form a small section of concrete in an overhang area. It's probably easier to see a picture so here goes:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/143house/courtyard/window.jpg
It's an existing concrete block wall, I have installed a new window and above the window is the tie beam and there is a soffit and roof structure above the window.
Where I labeled the word "Here" is where I am having trouble. I need to form a strip of concrete overhang along the top edge of the window, over the wood framing. I need to do this because there are three other equivalent size existing windows that looks like that along that wall so I need to match it.
I can see screwing a 2x4 along the bottom edge of that concrete, do I just then scoop concrete into the slot until it fills up and finish it flat? Seems this would be difficult to do I remember last time I was doing this there were more spillage on the ground then there is in that narrow space.
Someone mentioned to me to have a piece of wood at the bottom, then spray in those foam to fill up the space, not all of it but most of it, then use concrete to fill in the rest?
Thanks in advance,
MC
MiamiCuse wrote:

(snip)
Think stucco rather than concrete. You'd frame it with wood to within 1/2" or 3/4" of the finished dimension and then install casing bead, corner bead, and lath (if necessary).
Pay close attention to construction details (weather barriers, flashing, etc.) to ensure that moisture is handled properly.

To "match" the existing..what is the surface coating above the existing windows..Painted concrete ? Stucco ? Can you use foam 'block' material they use for stucco bump outs: attach, then texture (stucco) and paint to match ?
I am sure that your other windows don't have a solid concrete feature. Besides concrete over wood -- bad news as moisture in the concrete will cause rot.
As others have suggested, you need to consider stucco and stucco techniques.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:16:36 -0400, "EXT"

That was my thought. They just stucco over foam bands for all of those architectural features in the "House of Zorro" homes that have taken over South Florida.