How to connect a AMFM antenna?

I have a receiver that has these connections for the AMFM antenna:

But the AMFM antenna that I have splits into two connectors, a F connector or the other as shown in the picture here:

How do I hook one to the other?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

push down lever to open wire hole. insert stripped twisted wire end into hole. before mutilating your antrenna ends, try using some old lampcord or speaker wire to see if it can be a better substitute. the flat twinlead with the spade terminal ends could be easily stripped for this. the coax usually arrives at 75 ohm. the twinlead usually arrives at

300 ohm from an antenna.

lots of antenna construction stuff at ARRL:

buffalobill

Exactly what kind of antenna do you have? I'd guess you have an FM (or TV) antenna with connections for 300 ohm (the flat twinlead) or 75 ohm (the round coax). Connect one or the other to the appropriate FM antenna terminals on the receiver (the twin-lead will obviously be easiest - you can probably get one leg of the spade lug in the connector hole).

The AM antenna connections on your receiver are typically used with a loop or ferrite rod antenna, usually supplied with the receiver.

- Dennis Brothers

Reply to
Dennis Brothers

It's not clear to me how the receiver designers expect you to connect a

75 ohm coax, even though they have markings for it. I would get a 75 to 300 ohm transformer, which will take the coax on one end and give you two 300 ohm leads similar to what you have coming off the AM antenna. Then you can hook the AM and FM to the spots indicated for the FM 300 ohm and AM inputs. The transformer is available at most places they sell antennas stuff, like Radio Shack, for a few bucks.
Reply to
trader4