How to calculate the needed BTU for AC?

Hi all,
How to calculate the needed BTUs for a room? Could you point me to any web site with such information?
Thanks in advance
--
Faustino Dina
You might check out Consumer REPORTs at the library. In their review of ac's they usually discuss sizing.

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:32:29 -0500, "Faustino Dina"

I'm no expert, but I've heard as a ballpark figure, use one ton of cooling per 500-600 square feet. One ton = 12,000 BTUs, so 20-24 BTUs per square foot. My bedroom has about 210 square feet, so 4200 to 5040 BTUs for it.
--
Replace you know what by j to email