how to add a ground wire to my two wire house?

Do I have to rewire my whole house or can I just add ground wire to each outlet?
You can run a ground wire from the outlets to the grounding bar in the service panel.

A simpler solution would be to use GFCI's, because in most cases, it's difficult to run the wire.

I thought I saw a post on another electrical question that said all the wires had to be in the same sheathing or something to that effect. But I may be mis-remembering it, and I'm not an electrician.
You probably did, and they do. This is an NEC approved method of adding a ground to circuits which were installed before grounding outlets were used

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:23:52 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Before offering this advice, might want to ask OP some questions. Like Why? Is this for electronic equipment? Then they should have a ground.
What is the wiring type? AC/BX? This might be a quick fix.
Best answer with more information, get an electrician to check your whole system, the answer might be very easy.
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
If you have armored cable you may be able to use the metal armor as a ground. If you are going through the trouble of running a ground wire it usually makes sense to just replace the old wires with new romex.

oh god, here we go again.
--
Steve Barker

"torino" <nospam snipped-for-privacy@homerepairlive.com> wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:03:29 -0500, "Steve Barker"

:D
Like my 5 year-old says, "It happens."
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com