How test washing machine fill level switch??

I can blow in the vinyl tube and the switch works, but it doesn't when hooked to the tub on a kenmore washer. Tube seems clear and I don't think there is anything to "fix" on the tub end. I cut some of the tube off for a fresh connection, but the washer still over fills. thanks Steve

Reply to
Echols

Hi,

Something that may help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

The switch may have a slow leak, I would replace it vs. a flooded wash space. To test connect a tube to it and form the tube into a U shape. Pour enough water into the open end of tube for the water to rise to within a few inches of the switch, the water in the switch side of the U should be lower due to the air above it being compressed. Wait and see if the level changes.

Reply to
Jeff

Parts man at Bells says I should be able to blow in the pressure tube from the switch end. I can't so now its remove the inner basket....should be interesting. any advice would be appreciated, thanks for the info so far. Steve

Reply to
Echols

Note a slow leak at the tub end of the tube should not affect the fill level, only cause a small leak of water.

Reply to
Jeff

Steve. If there is a blockage , you may be able to get to it by pushing a piece of coat hanger wire though one of the holes in the inner tub ( if this is an older model built this way) and check at the large opening of the hose mounted on outer tube that the small plastic hose connects to. Or remove plastic hose from it and fish down to see if you can dislodge anything. Hope this helps. Warren

Reply to
Warren Weber

Thanks all, a little clr in the outer box that the tube connects to seems to have done it. I can now blow thru the tube and the water shuts off. thanks. this is a great site. Steve

Reply to
Echols