How powerfull should be shop vac for swimming pool winterization

Hi,
I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada) and was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water lines out?
Thanks

Every pool system I have so far seen has a drain cap at its lowest point, underneath the sand filter. You just take the cap off and put it back (greased) when it stops dripping. A strap wrench helps if difficult of access.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Don Phillipson wrote:

(Don) must be assuming an above ground pool? Inground pools, I just use a 4HP shop vac. Then fill the lines with recreational vehicle anti-freeze. Why would you be thinking about closing the pool now? It is a great swimming pool season.
TP

They never bother with blowing out the lines here. Just fill with an anifreeze and that's it.
OK, I will look for 4HP shop vac. I am just preparing myself ahead for season closing. And I do agree, now it is perfect swimming season.
Thanks for info.

I'm hoping to get away with using a 135psi, 1.75 gallon compressor. This will be my first year trying to close the pool myself.
No wrote:

Anybody know if 1.75, 135 psi compressor will work to blow out the lines on an inground pool?
Thanks!
Stuart Benoff wrote:

Stuart Benoff wrote:

What's your water pressure? Probably less than 80 psi, I'd wager. Now, is 135 > than 80? Then, it will probably do just fine provided you make a good seal on the connection to the compressor, and be sure to turn off the connection to the water supply.
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

What is that dripping from my fingers?