How much expansion gap for masonite type siding?

About to complete ongoing repair of bay window, ready to cut and install the siding. The longest "wall" is 42 inches. How much room should I leave (if any) between siding and cornerboards? Thanks Chuck
<< How much room should I leave (if any) between siding and cornerboards? >>
Masonite and wood have fairly similar expansion rates with changes in temperature and humdity, so a close fit should be OK. HTH
Joe
Thanks Joe
Chuck
On 02 Aug 2004 20:55:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) wrote:

My masonite siding has several places where it is buckled due to too tight installation. I do not know what the original installer did but I like to leave about 1/8 inch gaps. I think this makes it much easier to get a good caulking bead to both seal well and prevent buckling. Flashing under the joints also provides extra protection against water infiltration. Don Young