How long to run RainBird sprinklers

We have a RainBird sprinkler system installed for lawn irrigation and I was wondering ABOUT how long to run each zone to get 3/4 - 1 inch of water. I know there's a ton of variables (water pressure, head type, etc). But I'm looking where to start with the typical rotary (non impact) head (T-Bird) doing a 180 degree sweep. My house has "normal" water pressure and there are 4 heads/zone.

I have an old system with some of the Maxi-Paw, etc. so I probably won't be able to help you directly. When I had that question, I started one the zones for half an hour, put down a regular water glass and measured how much was there and figured it up from there.

Really, the only reliable way to test the system is to set out a grid of paper cups and run it for 30 min then adjust as required. If you find it uneven, you can adjust each head but that's unnessary if they are all close.
Reduce watering weekly until the grass shows stress than increase slightly and leave it there
PipeDown wrote:

its spray heads on its web site
Rate per triangle and rate per square.
The BIG commercial sprinklers such as you see on a golf course (100 ft circle typical) water at about 0.5 gal per sq ft per hour. That's 14 gallons per minute per spray head.

PipeDown wrote:

its spray heads on its web site
Rate per triangle and rate per square.
The BIG commercial sprinklers such as you see on a golf course (100 ft circle typical) water at about 0.5 gal per sq ft per hour. That's 14 gallons per minute per spray head.
On 19 Jun 2006 13:17:54 -0700, "grodenhiATgmailDOTcom"

Set out a few rain gauges.

Put a bunch of tin cans out, water for an hour, and you'll know just how much each area gets / hour.
Bob