How far to hang light

Hanging a mini pendant over the kitchen sink. Box is out 12" from wall, we have 7'6" ceilings. Is there a standard, or is it preference? We're both just under 6' tall, I'm sure we don't want it in our eyes. It is an adjustable pendant.
Thanks!
Do six weeks of internet research. Consult about a dozen contractors. Factor in the pythagorian theorum, and calculate the sine and consine of the angles. Tape measure every possible dimension, and add them to an Exsell spread sheet. Consult Confucious, Aristotle, and the monks in Tibet. Go to church, ask a priest. Go to temple, and ask a Rabbi.
And then get a ladder. Ask her to stand in front of the sink, run the lamp up and down. Put it where she tells you.
Hanging a mini pendant over the kitchen sink. Box is out 12" from wall, we have 7'6" ceilings. Is there a standard, or is it preference? We're both just under 6' tall, I'm sure we don't want it in our eyes. It is an adjustable pendant.
Thanks!
Put it where she wants it. That is always the right answer. :)
On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:42:34 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Ask SWMBO.

Depends on how bad you want to get rid of your wife. If you hang it so that it is in the sink and gets filled with water when she does dishes, you'll get rid of her faster. Of course make sure it's not on a GFCI, or it wont be effective.