How do I take apart this faucet?

The sprayer on our kitchen sink has very low pressure. Even when its trigger is fully depressed, little water comes out the sprayer, while the flow out of the main faucet is only slightly reduced. It doesn't seem like the sprayer itself is clogged (I took it off and checked). I've read that a faulty diverter valve could be causing the problem, but I don't know how to get to it. It is not obvious where it would be on this faucet design, or how the faucet should be removed to look for it. It's a Delta, and you can find a picture of it online at this URL:
http://mas.cs.umass.edu/~bhorling/tmp/faucet.jpg
Cany anyone tell me the best way to seek the diverter valve? Thanks for any help you can provide!
Bryan,
Remove the spout and if I remember correctly, the diverter is located at the base. Easy fix.
Jim Mc Namara

Once you have a new diverter valve, the way to prevent your problem from happening again is to use your sprayer every once in a while. Don't be surprised at the condition of the diverter when it comes out--probably full of sand from non-use. MLD

Thanks guys, with all that info I was able to track down the part and install it. It works great now.