How do I remove rust stain from marble???

The window sill in the bathroom tub/shower area has a white marble sill. A candle was sitting on it.The candle had a metal wick holder on the bottom. This rusted and stained the marble. I tried liquid bleach on it to no avail. I sanded it with a very fine grit paper. Still stained. Any suggestions on how to remove the stain??
tomkanpa wrote:

Any mild acid such as lemon juice or one of the rust stain removers such as CLR (it has acid too).
Unfortunately, acid eats marble. How much one of the preceding would attack it I cannot say. There is also the distinct possibility that what you have isn't marble but polyester resin made to look like marble. If it has an odor it isn't marble; OTOH not having an odor doesn't necessarily mean it *is* marble.
--

dadiOH

Try a paste of Oxy-Clean or the dollar store equivelent. If that dosen't work (and it may take a while) try a metal polish like MAAS (which I hear works on anything) or a harsher chemical polish.