How do I remove just one section of Aluminum Soffit?

Hello,

I need to get at my bathroom vent located underneath my aluminum soffit. The soffit appears to be attached by a channel on either side. The soffit pieces are about two feet wide. How do I remove just one section and how do I put it back.

Thanks, Mike :)

Reply to
Michael

Yes. Jim McNamara does. He will be along anytime now to instruct you in this. He is an expert at everything in the entire universe. He's the Anti-Christ.

Reply to
Motor Man

bend the alum. channel that in on the fascia board and covers all the soffit pieces and then pull the nails out of the soffit piece and remove it... put it back the same way..might have to drill some holes in it to put some new nails in it... use some colored paint to cover nail heads if they show...the channel that goes on the house side of the soffit piece just holds the pieces of soffit material there and they should not be any nails holding it onto the soffit by the house..this stip just holds them there......

Reply to
jim