How do I know if I have a french drain in my new home?

Bought a house and I think we have an exterior french drain, but are not absolutely sure. is there any way to tell without digging it up? We have a 6" wide flexible black tubing leading into our sump pump pit from the exterior. Would that be coming from the exterior perimeter french drain?
Our builder is next to impossible to get a hold of, so I can't ask him.
Thanks!
I guess you could wait for the soil to be fairly dry. Take a garden hose at full pressure and force it down the building (basement) face or even make up a "blow pipe" to get the water down deep. Keep it running and monitor the black pipe.
It sounds as if it is French drained. The big question is whether the basement wall is damp proofed, with what, how well, did/does it have protection board or was it waterproofed (an entirely different process). I assume you are considering finishing the basement.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .