How 2 plexiglass window

How do I measure plexiglass to replace a garage window? I understand plexiglass contracts & expands more than glass. Any advice on this project appreciated.

When I replaced mine, the glass dealer suggested making the piece 1/16" smaller than the opening on each side. I haven't had any problems with the installation, and the temps here range from mid 90s down to zero.