House being inundated, please help

Today, for some reason, my house is being inundated with little pests: ghosts, goblins, the occasional vampire, and a cute little guy named Malfoy.
So far, I have held them off by feeding them candy, but help, because I don't know what to do. They seem to be attracted by the light on my front porch. They keep knocking on my door and yelling something.
This is a problem throughout my neighborhood and I seem to remember something similar happening last year.
Please help.

Claymores and Constantine
061031 1940 - Pat posted:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS...

It was a joke.
RicodJour wrote:

I assume his advice to the original poster was "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS", which was a *ahem* joke...

Hmmm. You may indeed be correct. There was a frequent poster on the construction newsgroups who was quite literal on his take on things. http://tinyurl.com/yztu2x If it's the same guy, I reiterate. If it's a new guy, I retract.
061031 2313 - RicodJour posted:

Yes, I remember Lyle and Ralph. I've been gone for awhile. Whatever happened to them anyway?
061031 2047 - RicodJour posted:

Yes, don't feed them; they're TROLLS...

I just threw candy at them and they went away.
Pat wrote:

Maybe your candies did not taste good? So cold tonight I had only 30 kids or so.