Hot Air Furnace Duct Cleaning: Good Idea ?

If you're adding so much humidity so that mold is growing in the air and you smell it, then I think you're doing something very wrong. I've had furnaces with humidifiers for years, kept the humidity at about 40% max which makes a big difference in comfort, never had any smell.

Reply to
trader_4

Y'er darn tootin'. Hard water mist sprayed into the air stream causes the minerals in the water to settle out as dust. Real nasty dust on everything that is not easy to wipe up. Got rid of the whole house humidifier on the furnace when I replaced the furnace 12 years ago. Man, it's hard to believe it is that long ago already!!!. Put in a passive electrostatic filter at the same time - wash it several times a year. Just finished washing it about 10 minutes ago. Variable speed DC fan runs at low speed 24/7 unless heat or AC called for. Heat runs slower than AC. So air is constantly being filtered.

Reply to
clare

If your slinger can't sling slime, you need a slicker slinger.

Reply to
micky

Not when the RH in the hous without the humidifier drops down to 15% or less. It has to get over 70% to even begin to consider mould issues. I like about 55% +/- for comfort. Currently sitting at 24C and

58% RH in my basement office. Wife just did some laundry and I just washed the air filter with hot water, so it is up a few points.
Reply to
clare

Now I've got that music going through my head "if a wood chuck could chuck wood".

Dr. Seuss must be up there laughing is ass off at me.

I do not have a pressure regulator, I do not have a problem negator. I do not have a Pico or a Bove, my thesaurus is a treasure trove.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Aunt Martha had her ducts cleaned. Within a week after the ducts were cleaned, she passed away. I would not get the ducts cleaned.

Reply to
Curly Martan

I'll admit to having accidentally caused my father's death. He was in the living room in the hospital bed, and I went to change a light bulb in the bathroom. I dropped the curly cue CFL bulb with the mercury. I was going for a dust pan to clean up the glass. Mom got out the vac cleaner, and sucked it all into the vac bag, and then ran a lot more air through the bag with the vac cleaner. I remarked to Dad that we're all going to die! and sure enough a few days later, he's died. Maybe if Mom hadn't sucked all that mercury into the vac cleaner bag?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think I killed my dad too. From talking too much! .

Reply to
Julie Bove

Oh, that sounds so traumatic! So, tell me all about it?

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

Some washing machines can make you immortal.

Sign in a laundromat, "absolutely no dying in the machines".

Reply to
hah

Laundry in the town where I used to live, had iolb washing machines. I read the sign, and can't figure out what an EYE-olb washing machine is. Years later, I may have figured out, but not seen the word EYE-olb since then.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

that's heavy, man.