Hot Air Furnace Duct Cleaning: Good Idea ?

Page 2 of 2
On Friday, October 3, 2014 11:00:19 AM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:

If you're adding so much humidity so that mold is growing in the air and you smell it, then I think you're doing something very wrong. I've had furnaces with humidifiers for years, kept the humidity at about 40% max which makes a big difference in comfort, never had any smell.

yes, I found increasing the humidity helped keep the mucosa tissues from drying out too much, made the asthma much easier to deal with. Also, don't drink helps, even no wine. alcohol dehydrates a person.
On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 10:20:02 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Hard water mist sprayed into the air stream causes the minerals in the water to settle out as dust. Real nasty dust on everything that is not easy to wipe up. Got rid of the whole house humidifier on the furnace when I replaced the furnace 12 years ago. Man, it's hard to believe it is that long ago already!!!. Put in a passive electrostatic filter at the same time - wash it several times a year. Just finished washing it about 10 minutes ago. Variable speed DC fan runs at low speed 24/7 unless heat or AC called for. Heat runs slower than AC. So air is constantly being filtered.
On Fri, 03 Oct 2014 08:11:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon

If your slinger can't sling slime, you need a slicker slinger.

On 10/3/2014 2:26 PM, micky wrote:

Now I've got that music going through my head "if a wood chuck could chuck wood".
Dr. Seuss must be up there laughing is ass off at me.
I do not have a pressure regulator, I do not have a problem negator. I do not have a Pico or a Bove, my thesaurus is a treasure trove.
On 10/2/2014 7:31 PM, Bob wrote:

Aunt Martha had her ducts cleaned. Within a week after the ducts were cleaned, she passed away. I would not get the ducts cleaned.
On 10/3/2014 9:52 PM, Curly Martan wrote:

I'll admit to having accidentally caused my father's death. He was in the living room in the hospital bed, and I went to change a light bulb in the bathroom. I dropped the curly cue CFL bulb with the mercury. I was going for a dust pan to clean up the glass. Mom got out the vac cleaner, and sucked it all into the vac bag, and then ran a lot more air through the bag with the vac cleaner. I remarked to Dad that we're all going to die! and sure enough a few days later, he's died. Maybe if Mom hadn't sucked all that mercury into the vac cleaner bag?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I think I killed my dad too. From talking too much! .
On 10/4/2014 7:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

Oh, that sounds so traumatic! So, tell me all about it?
On 10/03/2014 08:52 PM, Curly Martan wrote:

[snip]

Some washing machines can make you immortal.
Sign in a laundromat, "absolutely no dying in the machines".
On 10/4/2014 10:25 AM, hah wrote:

Laundry in the town where I used to live, had iolb washing machines. I read the sign, and can't figure out what an EYE-olb washing machine is. Years later, I may have figured out, but not seen the word EYE-olb since then.

that's heavy, man.
On Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:49:21 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

One delta, ten tango.