Hoover Wind Tunnel Vac

Hello, all. I've got a 8+ year old subject upright vac that has an idler pulley that won't freely turn as expected. In this condition the larger (of two) wide belt that connects this pulley to the motor shaft will simply burn up. The idler pulley otherwise appears to be securely bolted to its shaft. This pulley drives both the self-propelled mechanism as well as providing coupling via a smaller belt to the floor brush,
There are a number of videos on the web that detail how to deal with other problems on this series of vacuum cleaners but not the problem I'm experiencing. The motor and suction appear OK with AC power applied. Your time and comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 7:52:22 AM UTC-5, J.B. Wood wrote:

...a model or picture would be helpful! Can it be removed...ball or sleeve bearing?
On 05/03/2016 09:01 AM, bob_villain wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still hoping to receive some comment from those familiar with repairs on this Hoover line of vacs. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com