Honeywell Vision RTH 8500 thermostat?

I recently had a new Trane XV80 gas furnace along with a White-Rogers

1F81-261 two-stage thermostat installed. The problem is the thermostat, it produces a loud annoying clicking sound every time the furnace comes on and off. If I had known this before hand, I would have not purchased it, seeing as my previous Enerstat one stage was dead silent and had a green LED indicating on/off setting.

Is anyone familiar with the Honeywell Vision RTH 8500 thermostat and if so does it make a loud clicking noise? If not, I will take my lost and junk the White-Rogers for the Honeywell.

Reply to
RobB

This is Turtle.

Any of the White Rogers 80 series will click because of a mechnical relay to turn it on with. i don't know about the Honeywell RTH 8500 but check with the person you buy it from and see that it is a electronic controls and not mechnical relay type. Any person that sells them should know what they are selling and tell you the difference. Get a electronicly controlled and not a Mechnical type control.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I did not know and didn't ask so typically they did not voluntarily point out the difference. In any event thanks for the info.

Reply to
RobB

I have sold several of the Vision stats and customers seem very satisfied.

They do make a very minor click. You would have to listen for it.

Reply to
Terry

This is Turtle.

I will say the electronic type start at $100.00+ !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

If you want silent switching, quality and reliability, purchase a t-8000 touch screen honeywell from an hvac dealer or Johnstone supply if you have one where you are. It is the best T-stat to come on the market. Easy to program and with a common wire hooked up and the right settings in the installer set up mode it can be read from across the room, as the back " indigo " light is always on.

Reply to
Alice Beach

We have sold several of those stats and have had no complaints yet. So far the customers have loved them.

Bobby

Reply to
BGBevill

Quality and Reliability? Hehe. Honeywell sure sold you a bill of goods, didnt they Alice? I have one. It still clicks however it is a softer click. The clicking never has bothered me in Honeywells but Yes, it does still click. They arent the best to come on the market. Right now, they are the FIRST to come on the market. The others will soon follow. It is a new thermostat and as everyone knows, Honeywell does their own consumer testing. You buy it and thats how Honeywell tests it. For the record, so far I like it. Only time will tell. Personally, I think it has way to many options for the average consumer to be able to change. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I will say its a great thermostat. Pain in the add for the average guy to get the correct installtion/programming codes, but once you have them its pretty cool.

Its one of the only touch screen units that work with a 2 stage furnace. (yes I know you can set the furnace to use it but them it kicks into high after a certain amount of time vs the thermostat kicking the furnace into high when a 3 degree range is achieved)

The unit also handles by central air unit nicely two.

I got from EBay, great price and very happy with it.

Tom

Bubba wrote:

market.

settings