Honeywell Chronotherm III batteries

I feel like a dolt. My device is flashing to change the batteries, but I can't figure out how to open the case to get to them. Does it open from the bottom? from the top? from one side? I've tried using gentle force but nothing gives and I don't want to break the plastic. Thanks for helping.
--
wiley285

Most stats I've done, you pull down on the top of the case, and the bottom swings out. Sometimes, only one section (left side, or right side) opens.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"wiley285" < snipped-for-privacy@homeimprovementbanter.com> wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:42:09 +0000, wiley285

Well, here's a manual: http://www.gogeisel.com/geiselonline/support/Honeywell/T8621.pdf
And it says:
1 Loosen the two captive screws at the bottom corners of the case 2 Pull the thermostat out from the bottom. 3 Lift the thermostat up and off the base.
Paul F.