Honeywell Chronoterm III

-------------------------------------
We moved into our house four months ago. We have a Honeywell Chronotherm III thermostat. Whether we have the air conditioning running or the heat running, when the blower stops we can still hear a motor running. Is this normal? We have never experienced a continuous running of a motor.
MKanzlemar wrote:

Hi, Fan switch has on/off/auto setting.

It probably has nothing to do with the thermostat. It may have nothing to do with HVAC either. I would suggest tracing down the "motor" noise. It could be something like a Radon fan or any number of other things. Locate the source of the motor noise and you'll know more

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:44:25 +0000, b_merdreamer_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (MKanzlemar) wrote:

I have a Chronotherm IV on a heat pump. It may be similar to the III.
The IV has a programmable fan. It can be set to shut off when the heating or cooling cycle is finished, or it can be set to shut off 90 seconds after the heating or cooling cycle is finished.
The 90 second option is supposedly more efficient because the residual heat/cool in the ducts is sent into the living space.
In my case, with a variable speed fan, after a cycle finishes the fan goes to about half speed for 90 secs before shutting off. Does yours operate like that?
Getting into the programming mode is a bit tricky without the "Installation Instructions" . Try going to the Honeywell website and look for a download. In my case the pamphlet is 69-0936-1.