Home insulation failure

I thought my bedroom felt a bit colder than the rest of the house. I figured it's cause it's the farthest from the furnace, and only has one heat register.
Second factor might be insulation failure. I have frost in a couple places, on the indoor wall.
Cardboard and staple gun might not be pretty (I live alone) but I hope it helps with my energy bill. And my comfort at night.
Amazing what I learn when it's this cold out. And, thank you to the kind people on the AHR list who encourage me to look for and act on cold spots.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/23/14 5:27 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A former co-worker gave me good advice years ago. Insulate the skirting when you have a couple bucks in your pocket. No worries about heat tape malfunction or pipes freezing. Wrap any exposed piping including the sewer line with insulation.
Dean Hoffman" <""dh0496\"@win*&dstr$%eam.net wrote:

I used 1" foam to skirt our camping trailer , using the same stuff around the bottom of the new "house" . It'll eventually be covered by stone <on the house , not the camper> as construction proceeds , but for now it helps keep the under-house temps above freezing .
--
Snag

On 1/24/2014 9:44 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

fiberglass. That's actually excellent idea.
I was a bit warmer, last night. With cardboard over the areas which had been frosty. Now, I'm considering sheet plastic as vapor barrier.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:27:08 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You made another post about your humidifier putting a lot of water into the air and wondering where it was all going. It may be that the water has made it's way into the insualtion. Wet insulation is probably 90%+ compromised in it's capability to block heat transfer. If you don't have a proper vapor barrier on the insulation, or it made it through somehow, that could be part or all of your problem.