Home gadgets that cause interference with other domestic gear. Bah ....

UL, CSA and all the rest are ONLY concerned with safety, not interference. So they have nothing to do with anything.

The FCC does however, and if the thermostat met FCC Part 15 or the Canadian or EU equivalent, then its radiation is tested and rated; right on the product. No notice of Part 15, it's an illegal product for NA sales. In addition to that, if you do have interference issues and passed Part

15, not only does the device's paperwork tell you how to control it, but gives you contact information in the event you have trouble with radiation through the air, power wires or peripheral connections. So I'd say RTFM is still something you have on your to-do list, except rather than try to slightly move the item etc., you gave it away. So often we create our own liver-quivers because emotion takes over instead of logical common sense.

HTH,

Twayne

Reply to
Twayne

And; those bulbs rated for use with a dimmer also require a dimmer that can manage flourescants. Basically, flourescents have two states: Off and On. Nothing in between that reults in usable lighting.

Reply to
Twayne

Chuckle. People in my office always bitch when I key up my ancient Motorola ht1000 at my desk. Makes a nice loud hum in their speakers. Back when they still let me touch hardware, I was once tearing my hair out on a monitor service call- funny colors, wavy lines, etc. Replacement monitor did the same thing. I was about to swap out the CPU (integrated video on those early machines), when my 2 active brain cells kicked in, and I noticed the electric stapler tucked up against the monitor. Those are a first cousins to doorbell dinger- bigass coil and magnetic rod inside them. Moved it two feet away, and the problem vanished.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

A few homes ago my monitor was back to back with the microwave (with a wall in between). Every time the microwave operated it looked like I was degaussing the monitor. Sometimes I'd have to tell my daughter to turn off the microwave until I finished what I was doing.

Reply to
Tony

You probably were. When the transformer was active it was generating a magnetic field just as a degausing coil would. I have never tried it,but a LCD type of display probably would not have been effected by the microwave.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I didn't think of that. No magnetic fields to worry about! No purity to adjust!! No convergence!!! No dynamic convergence!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Tony

Started having trouble with the home WiFi system. Worked on it for a month until I found my wife and place a 2.4Ghz cordless phone base near the wireless router. I hadnt seen it because it was carefully hidden behind some books.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

If you want to use WiFi (2.4GHz), consider a DECT 6.0 phone system (1.9GHz).

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy