high efficiency boiler

I'm replacing an old boiler with a new high efficiency condensing boiler. The old system had 1 circulator pump, the new boiler installation manual shows 2 circulator pumps. One for the boiler loop and 1 for the zones. What is the reason for 2 pumps? A neighbor had a new high efficency boiler installed last year by a licensed contractor and they only put in 1 pump.
ppp wrote:

Must be for a hot water tank.
--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!
LSMFT wrote:

"Indirect fired domestic hot water"

Nonsense. That would waste a terrific amount of energy. The boiler cycles to maintain its temperature. A domestic coil can be used for hot water but there is no bypass to guaranty a fixed amount of water through the boiler.

Nonsense again. The boiler will just cycle off when its temperature limit is reached.

More crap.

You're batting zero.