help with ASKO dishwasher, no water spraying inside..

I have an ASKO dishwasher that's been misbehaving; when switched on it fills with water then, when things are supposed to start spinning & spraying......nothing.
The "spinner/sprayer things" (sorry to be so technical) rotate freely, it is obvious that the force of the water spraying out of them is what makes them move. Not so obvious is if it is water pressure generated by the machine, or just just the hot water pipe that connects it to my house. Anyone know?
I'm considering the possibility that perhaps the water tube leading to the spinner/sprayer things has been blocked by debris. If so - draino?? (not that I want that near to my dishes) Perhaps trying to "plunge" it out?
Alternately if the machine itself generates the water pressure for these, I suppose that mechanism could be broken.
Any advise on fixing this myself before I call a repairman?
Thanks in advance!!

Have you cleaned out the strainer? There are two rotatable pieces of at each end of the big long strainer on the bottom right running the depth. Make sure that is clear and the return to the pump is clear as well.
Drano=no!
Good luck, Rich
Yes, mine has only one & I have taken out the pieces, washed them perfectly clean, returned them & retried - didn't work.
I think either the pipe leading to the spray/spinner thing is plugged, or the motor that pressurizes the water in the machine (if indeed this is how it works) is fried.
Rich wrote:

The same motor that pumps the water to the washer arms drains the water so something is blocking flow to the arms, my guess would be that since it can drain the washer that it could be the solinoid to the washer arms?
Good luck, Rich

That's an electrical part correct? How would I check that? Rich wrote:

I had an Asko dishwasher and I would recommend pulling it out of the cabinetry and taking it to the local dump. Mine broke 4 times in 3 years, something different every time and we only have 2 people in the house... not a big family. Consumer Reports says it has the worse repair record by far. Too bad because it is nice and quiet and has great racks.
I think your pump impella broke. My asko was humming but no water was going thru it. I called up asko and they offered my a new pump if I paid for labor even though it was off warranty. I estimated labor at $200 and decided to throw it away. I got a Maytag which has a good repair record. Unfortunately I was unlucky on that thing too and got a lemon. My parents got a Bosch at the same time and that is quiet like the Asko and reliable so far in 3 years of use. So I would recommend the Bosch.
We replaced the Maytag with the Fisher Penkal drawer units which have a poor reliability record but I believe that is because they are almost always installed wrong. They are tricky to install. You have to follow directions and route the drain hoses properly or they will kink and the dw won't run. THus people blame the DW when it is really a faulty installation job. We love it so far and it has been flawless.

Sound like it would have made a great girlfiend.